Wednesday, September 17, 2008

5D Mark II from Canon


For a long long time I've been a huge fan of Canon even though I've had to send in my Mark III many times for repairs due to a much to early release, love it now though...... Well I just got wind of the release of their new 5d Mark II, over kill maybe? or meeting the needs of the professional? Regardless we'll be adding a couple to the mix soon. 21 mega pixels will be great for our large commercial clients, but isn't it a little over kill? For the longest time I've shot with my Mark II (8.2 pixels) and have had images on billboards, calendars, magazine double trucks , you name it and have never had a problem with file size being to small, so I guess my question is why such a huge jump?????? Think of all the hard drives we'll have to get in order to store files, not to mention soon the huge mega pixels will be out resing our fancy glass...... Hats off Canon you did it, I guess I can now toss my thousands out $$$$$ of medium format gear in the trash........ However I'm still looking forward to the new rig.... 

P.S. my wife just informed me new cameras means no new super tricked out travel van I've been wanting........

No comments: